WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world, with the largest number of plugins, themes, and various add-ons that add customizability. But at the same time, it is also one of the easiest to use and maintain. WP allows businesses to scale rapidly.
However, running a WordPress website requires some technical knowledge. You should also trust a secure website hosting provider that can do the heavy lifting in the background.
Often, it’s the small details that make the big difference – which is why it is crucial for you to make crucial decisions early on.
In this blog post, we will see some of the factors that can grow or blow your mid-sized business, and why choosing a reputable hosting provider can elevate your company.
What is a mid-sized business?
There are different applicable criteria for mid-sized businesses in Europe and US, for example. Typically, a mid-sized business in many European countries comprises around 100-249 people. The numbers for the US are 100-999 employees.
But whether we talk about 200 or 700 people, we can identify a pattern: international teams, dedicated departments (like sales, marketing, operations, etc.), and company hierarchy.
What are the differences between websites made for small and those for medium businesses?
We can guarantee that running a small business is nothing compared to what it takes to be a medium-sized one.
#1 Website Traffic
Personal websites and small businesses often have low traffic. However, you can usually expect more traffic if you have a mid-sized business. Last but not least, it is often easier to scale a small company website than a bigger one if you have traffic spikes. This is due to the fact that websites for small companies are generally more agile and can make changes more quickly than larger ones. Consequently, it may be beneficial to consider these factors if you are looking to attract more web traffic.
#2 Customer Database
Another difference between small business websites and mid-sized business websites is the customer base. Small websites often have a small number of customers and fewer data stored. On the other hand, mid-sized businesses operate with thousands of accounts and have to store lots of data. This difference in customer base means that mid-sized businesses need to accommodate more traffic to their website and have stronger security measures in place to protect their customer’s data.
Security breaches are, unfortunately, a common occurrence for websites of all sizes. However, if one happens to you, it could cost you a lot more money if you own a medium-sized business. On top of that, a leak will expose more customer data, putting your company in extra trouble. To protect your business, it is important to take steps to prevent security breaches and have a plan in place to deal with them if they occur.
A different breed, indeed!
Mid-sized businesses are a different breed, we have to admit. They don’t have the earning potential of big corporations, but are nowhere near small businesses in terms of capacity. However, no one can stay “in the middle” forever – they either get better or fall into mediocrity.
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.”– Abraham Maslow
How can WordPress web hosting be of help to your business?
WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world and runs the highest percentage of websites compared to all other platforms. Regardless if your website is corporate and contains company info, details, etc., or you have an integrated WooCommerce plugin that enables online shopping, there are a few things that you must know about WordPress-optimized hostings.
What makes WordPress different than other platforms?
- It is written in PHP /check one interesting PHP Q&A Session/ – WordPress is written in PHP. Even the WooCommerce plugin is written in PHP. In comparison, Shopify and Bigcommerce are made in Ruby, and Python /BigCommerce also uses Java/. PHP enables integrations and is very flexible.
- Very customizable – what makes WordPress superb is how customizable it is. There are infinite possibilities for creating a website. You can use themes, add modules and plugins, or write code. Whatever you do, it is possible!
- SEO-friendly – SEO is crucial for your website performance, and you can take advantage of WordPress native SEO-friendliness. On top of that, there are many free SEO plugins that can help you create pages and posts that are even more optimized.
- Lots of plugins – there are over 58,000 WordPress plugins, including the SEO ones. Paid or free, they allow you to add even more flexibility to your website.
Now, that you have found out why WordPress is unique in its own way, let’s find out the main reasons why you do need optimized web hosting for your mid-sized business.
Reason #1: Faster speeds
Mid-sized businesses often have large corporate websites, with HD images appearing everywhere and lots of data inside. Having a WordPress-optimized server will guarantee high speed across the pages. This will create a good user experience, as it will reduce page load speed, which also ranks for Google! With a WordPress-optimized server, your website will rank higher on the search engine pages, and users will enjoy the perks of opening things much faster.
Reason #2: Reliability
An optimized WordPress hosting plan can help to ensure your website is always up and running, even if you experience a surge in traffic. This is essential for any business but especially important for online stores. A reliable WordPress host can help you keep your storefront running smoothly, no matter what kind of traffic you receive. And believe us, your customers won’t notice that your website is always up. However, they will quickly turn their backs on you if your website lags and stops working every now and then.
Reason #3: Security
Without a doubt, many things can go down when you pick a hosting, and some of the most important ones concern security. Websites are targeted by people with malicious intentions. We don’t have to forget the numerous plugins that could be weak links. Working with dedicated WordPress web hosting will significantly reduce the chance you become a victim of DDoS or a man-in-the-middle attack since you will be protected on both network and website levels.
Reason #4: Scalability
As a grown-up business, you know better that today has to be the foundation of a good tomorrow. A WP-optimized hosting can deliver much higher speeds and is scalable, making your website future-proof. Utilizing a WordPress hosting service can improve your website’s loading speeds and ensure that it will handle increased traffic in the future without crashes, reduced speeds, and any inconveniences that can put off your customers.
Leverage your business with Seravo
You know well that being an expert in your area comes after many years in the business. We have been operating with WordPress clients for over a decade, and our team has seen many businesses thrive.
What you could expect from us is:
- Robust infrastructure – we don’t let events happen. We monitor everything in real time to prevent server crashes and security threats.
- Great speeds across desktop and mobile devices – we rank very high for high speeds across all types of devices, and we only have a 2.68% gap in performance between desktop and mobile.
- Security – our company tries to protect all websites by bringing the latest technology, working with professional engineers, and applying advanced security protocols.
- High-quality customer service – we like automation but are unwilling to sacrifice human interaction. Our team will try to resolve any issue that arises promptly.
- Amazing value for money – fast and reliable WordPress hostings often cost a lot. However, we aim to deliver a great package for the price.
As a mid-sized business, you would love to have lots of traffic, and we can match that. Our WP Business plan starts can provide you with up to 1.5M HTTP requests (you can check how HTTP requests are calculated), 30 GB of storage, and WooCommerce support. Of course, you can scale and pick the plan that supports up to 3M HTTP requests, up to 5 different websites, and 60 GB of storage space.
But no matter which plan you choose, we can guarantee high-quality service, attention to detail, and a proactive attitude! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!