Here at Seravo, we might easily float in our WordPress bubble and consider one content management system (CMS) self-explanatory. At times, it’s wise to go back to basics and go over why we (and quite a lot of others) are so excited about WordPress.
To cut a long story short:
WordPress is a publishing platform for making websites. But why is it an exceptionally good publishing platform?
Five reasons to choose WordPress
- WordPress is free. This is where the nature of the system is excellent, challenging, but also misleading. Anyone can start a website with WordPress: there are no licence fees or other costs. However, you cannot get it all for free: some of the WordPress themes and plugins cost something. And for company websites you should of course pay a skilled digital agency and leave the hosting and maintenance to professionals.
- WordPress is flexible. We have noticed how this CMS can be used for practically every need: company pages, clothes stores, blog portals, online magazines, booking systems and official town and municipality websites. The system can be stretched from small needs to bigger ones, from personal blogs to global sites and online stores. Responsitivity, or how the website functions on mobile phones, tablets and computers, is a given on WordPress sites.
- WordPress is easy to use. We often hear how you can create a functional and impressive website with WordPress without even knowing any programming skills. That’s true, but building more extensive sites should be left to professionals. Even then it is noteworthy how easy to use and user-friendly WordPress is: you save time and money because your site is easy to update. You can edit contact information and add new blog content without referring to a ten-page manual or paying three-figure sums for consulting.
- WordPress is popular. Although following the crowd is not always wise, the popularity of WordPress has many advantages. WordPress is the most popular and best supported content management system in the world: at the moment, over a quarter (27%!) of all websites around the world are built using WordPress. There is a massive community around it, participating in software development and keeping it up do date with changing technical requirements and developing new features. Thanks to the WordPress community it is also easy to find guidance, training and skilled people to update websites.
- WordPress is open-source. When your website is built on WordPress, there are no worries of vendor lock-ins or dependence on one developer. Anyone can develop an existing site. This openness also enables high-quality development in WordPress themes and plugins which offer numerous possibilities to edit the site layout and functionalities.
If you are not convinced yet, we can also get enthusiastic about the effectiveness, speed and security of WordPress. Naturally, you can use these features to the max when you choose Seravo.